Editors: Mingwei Song | and others
Issues: 1973 – present
Websites: | Galactic Central |
Bibliographic comments: Chinese-to-English translations magazine published by the Research Centre for Translation, China.
• Only issues with contents of interest to this library are listed here.
Mingwei Song, ed.
Library edition: Spring & Autumn 2012
Research Centre for Translation, Institute of Chinese Studies, Chinese University of Hong Kong
Perfectbound, 288 pages
• 'Editor's Page' by Theodore Huters, 'Preface' by Mingwei Song.
• Special issue on 'Chinese Science Fiction: Late Qing and the Contemporary'.
• 'New Tales of Mr Braggadocio' translated by Nathaniel Isaacson.
• 'New Story of the Stone: excerpts' translated by Sterling Swallow.
• 'The Art of Creating Humanity' translated by Suozi (Lu Xun), re-translated by Carlos Rojas.
• 'The Secret Room' translated by Christopher G. Rea.
• 'The Poetry Cloud' translated by Chi-Yin Ip and Cheuk Wong.
• 'The Village Schoolteacher' translated by Christopher Elford and Jiang Chenxin.
• 'The Passengers and the Creator' translated by Nathaniel Isaacson.
• 'The Reincarnated Giant' translated by Carlos Rojas.
• 'The Radio Waves That Never Die' translated by Petula Parris-Huang.
• '1923 - A Fantasy' translated by Nicky Harman and Pang Zhaoxia.
• 'The Rainforest' translated by Jie Li.
• 'The Demon's Head' translated by David Hull.
• 'The Demon-Enslaving Flask' translated by Linda Rui Feng.
Fiction: Xu Nianci, New Tales of Mr Braggadocio // Wu Jianren, New Story of the Stone: excerpts // Louise Strong,
The Art of Creating Humanity // Xu Zhuodai, The Secret Room // Liu Cixin, The Poetry Cloud // Liu Cixin, The
Village Schoolteacher // Han Song, The Passengers and the Creator // Wang Jinkang, The Reincarnated Giant //
La La, The Radio Waves That Never Die // Zhao Haihong, 1923 – A Fantasy // Chi Hui, The Rainforest // Fei Dao,
The Demon's Head // Xia Jia, The Demon-Enslaving Flask